Ash Wednesday is coming soon
Ash Wednesday is coming up (18th). My suggestion is to come up with a lenten penance now before Lent begins.
What can I do?
Pick a lenten sacrifice that makes you mindful of your faith and draws you nearer to Christ. We should all cut dowon on snacking and sweets anyway, so I typically don’t recommend those.
- How about giving up an hour a day to devote to service or prayer?
- Read 30 Days to Morning Glory and make a total consecration to Christ through Our Lady.
- Read Consoling the Heart of Jesus and renew your consecration to Christ.
- Begin praying the Liturgy of the Hours
- Give up TV, internet browsing, Netflix….
- Exchange a hobby for a spiritual good (ex. give up golf for Lent and donate what you would have spent on greens fees to a worthy charity)
This will help you get started and hit the ground running next Wednesday.
Posted on February 9, 2015, in Catholic Manliness, Lent 2015, Mental Exercises for Men (and Women), Sacraments of the Catholic Church, Spiritual Warfare and tagged ash wednesday, give up for lent, Lenten sacrifice. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.